The purpose of the Citizens Police Academy is to increase the participant's knowledge of law enforcement, operations of the police department, and improve the police-community relationship. Participants will have a more interactive association with the police department and will undergo a background check. Classes are not limited to, but include the following.
- Police Department Overview
- School Resource Officer Program
- Drug Recognition Expert and K-9 Demonstration
- Criminal Investigations
- Special Response Team
- Tour of the Baxter County Detention Center
- Firearms Demonstration and Firing (optional) by Participants
The academy is presented each year beginning in April. The specific begin date and class schedule will be released during the first quarter through this website and the local media. Instruction is given for 2 hours, 1 day per week for 7 weeks.
Graduates are eligible to apply for membership with the Mountain Home Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association. The association actively supports the Mountain Home Police Department.